Saturday 15 January 2011

Sewciety at Berwick St Leaonard, Wilts

I spent a fantastic afternoon yesterday in the company of Lisanne, her customers, John the photographer and her beautiful fabrics in her beautiful shop Sewciety. (Link is to the right)

Located off the beaten track, its really worth the couple of miles down the smaller road to get there.  The little shop is full of insipiring haberdashery, fabulous co-ordinating fabric and lots of inspiration.  There is coffee and tea for visitors and biscuits for the children (who were very welcomed and she didn't worry about them touching the lovely bits and bobs!)

While felting and quilting are what she mainly caters for, she has lots of other interests in the shop including patterns and equipment.  But most of all she's lovely - really positive and inspiring - everyone who came into the shop in the hours I was there loved chatting with her and oohing and ahhing over their projects with her.

She kindly agreed to display my letter cushions in her shop and she also has one of my reclaimed children's pictures on display.  We talked about doing some purse and bag making course and I'll post some more news about them as they develop.

I can't recommend a visit enough - she's open in the afternoons (but not on Monday) and the kettle is always on.

And finally - she found Mr Trunky for Matty - I can't thank her enough!  A boy without his comforter is not a happy boy.

Am off to make bags with the fabric I bought....

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, you are too kind, the place was chaotic! The time you had to wait to make your choices was hysterically long but it was super having you 'kidnapped' in my little space. I LOVE your letters and your vintage style pictures are delightful. I can't wait to have you around to run a course, I just know you will encourage confidence in anyone you 'teach' Till we meet again...........Lisanne xx

    ReplyDelete